Friday, January 28, 2011

Seven Minutes in the life of a Stay At Home Mom

Well, I decided I should be working on my to do list which consists mostly of housework. I see that I still need to get the mail out of the mail box. I decide that I should do that as my next task. But then I decide that since I'm going outside, I should grab the recycling to take out with me. But then I realize that I have milk jugs to rinse out and I planned on using the water from the rinsing to water my herb garden. So before I can actually go to the mailbox, I must...1. put water in the milk jugs, 2. pour this water out onto my little herb garden outside the front door, 3. Pull the bag out of the recycling bin, so I can fit the milk jugs into it, 4. Take the bag outside, only to discover that today was recycling pick up day and the big bin is by the curb, 5. walk out to the curb to dump in the bag and discover that the recycling has already been picked up, 6. drag the big bin back up to the house, 7. Walk out to the mail box to get the mail, 8. Discover that all the mail is junk mail destined for the recycling bin, 9. go back to the kitchen, grab a new bag for the recycling bin, 10. dump all the mail into the recycling bin. Oh well, such is the life of a housewife.

No comments: